Part-Time Internship Job Description – Summer/Fall 2013
Noble Strategic Partners, Inc., a full-service public affairs firm in Austin, has an immediate opening for a part-time paid undergraduate or graduate level Internship for the summer and/or fall 2013 semester (minimum requirement of 12-15 hours per week). Noble Strategic Partners, Inc. provides local and statewide media relations, strategic ally recruitment, coalition building, message development, and Internet and communications strategies for its clients.
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications below, please submit your resume and cover letter - including your schedule and availability - to the attention of Amber Rice at email@example.com. Please use “NSP 2013 Internship Application” as the subject line. The deadline to submit applications is Friday, March 29, 2013.
Noble Strategic Partners, Inc. is committed to making internships at our company meaningful and educational. An Intern works on task-oriented projects that require good organizational skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously. Interns work with direction, but are expected to be able to operate autonomously on some tasks and projects and must possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
Primary Responsibilities may include:
- Research on client issues and on potential clients, competitors and targeted industries.
- Outreach by phone or email to prospective coalition, grass tops, and grassroots leaders to recruit support for various client projects.
- Assist in developing key messages and proof points.
- Write and/or edit – with direction and supervision – news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, Q&A’s, bios, newsletters, letters, prepared remarks, pitch letters and blog posts.
- Assist in maintaining social media outlets for various clients.
- Assist with administrative tasks such as preparation and distribution of publications and materials.
- Maintain and enhance media and coalition lists.
- Assist in handling routine media inquiries and media pitching.
- Monitor media and prepare coverage reports.
- Review, maintain and update client and company websites.
- Assist with specific events and promotions for clients.
- Represent client at events or trade shows.
- Current admission in an undergraduate or graduate level program in a relevant field.
- Strong ethical standards and the ability to maintain strict client and company confidentially.
- Exceptional writing, editing and oral communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal and self-starting skills.
- Knowledge of current affairs.
- Well-developed skills in the use of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and the Web.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work under pressure with an acute attention to detail.
- Organization and project management abilities; ability to handle several tasks simultaneously and make decisions quickly.
- Work well within team structure.
- Demonstrate professionalism and excellence each day.
For more information on Noble Strategic Partners, visit www.noblestrategic.com.
# # #